Summer is heating up, so try these energy-saving ideas to keep your cool and save money.
- Buy a new ENERGY STAR room air conditioner, and we’ll give you $25. Download rebate applications here.
- Keep A/C filters clean so your system runs more efficiently.
- When you set your thermostat, keep in mind that every degree you lower it increases costs by 6 percent.
- When the A/C is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out.
- Keep shades and blinds shut to keep the sun out.
- Add up your savings with our free online energy calculators. Find out ways to save energy on your appliances.
- Run ovens, washing machines, dryers, and dishwashers early in the morning or late at night.
- Cook in the microwave or outside on the grill to keep your kitchen cool.
- Call our EnergyLine (1-800-609-4488) for information on heat stress and additional tips to save on summer energy bills.
Learn more about the benefits of ENERGY STAR A/Cs. Watch now.
If you have power problems, we need to know. Report outages and check service restoration status at conEd.com/sm or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).
For cooling center locations and hours, call 311 in NYC or 914-813-5630 in Westchester County.